Sunday, January 26, 2020

We won't burn out.

Some time in the future, a lot of you will be wondering why I started in first place.
And even if you asked me now, I have only reason, I don't want us to burn out.
By us, I mean the ABAKOBI, a lot has been said but nothing has been done in our defence.
A lot of us have been 'alienated '..you prefer to be called that that you admire and wish you were born into... Don't you see you are lying to yourself and future self?
It is more insulting if you are a male, why are you running away from your shadow?
You prefer you were that you think is better off in Uganda... We are burning out
..
My grandfather once told me, 'olimukuristo, siwasaha eribya mukuristo'...
To mean, I am Catholic, I shouldn't shy away from being so..
What am I trying to drive at, you are a Mukobi ,do not hide away, or run away from it..
It's what that defines us.. Makes us what we are.. And the difference..
Imagine not loving yourself, Who is going to love you?
What do they say about charity begins at home..
My age mates cannot even tell some of the local material they use at home in kikonzo, it's a shame! So what are gonna teach your children when they are growing up if yourself knows nothing...
Let's learn to love us, be us, preach us...

I'm no custodian of my language but I'm a strong learner and advocate of it.

Do not misunderstand me when I say, I don't want us to burn out. What I'm  trying to communicate is that if we are not careful, the children we are going to bear, will not know what their parents first language was like., what their grandfathers used to do and what is on the inside of the kikonzo language...

But not to worry, with the technological advancements happening day and night, they shall dig, as in search on their big key boards and read on their enormous TV sets about us for I intend to keep for them 'endanda' on there.

Let's keep us alive.

Omuyirakali

Kabugho immaculate

No comments:

Post a Comment